2009-01-09

Tickets or Drug deals...

So for those of you that don't know I am going on break very very soon, and I'm so stoked. Here are the places I'm planning on traveling to:

Changsha (the hometown of Mao Zedong)
Hong Kong
Singapore
Taiwan

I bought plane tickets from a travel agency here in China over the phone with my mom for Taiwan. And like many things in China it is really shady. Basically you call them up, reserve the tickets, then you come up with a place to meet. They send a messenger and when the messenger reachers the spot they give you a call. Then you go down and meet him and have a conversation that goes something like this:

"You (insert name here)?"

"Yeah. You the Guy?"

"Yeah. You got the money?"

"Yeah. You got the stuff?"

"Yeah."

"Cool."

"Cool."

Then you exchange goods and go off on your marry way. sounds like something that we have in the US too, except you know illegal.

But anyways I'll take lots of pictures and blog about it when I get back other than that I guess we'll be corresponding in a few weeks. OH! and if anyone wants to get me anything my mom is flying out to Taiwan to meet me, so send it with her?

Peace, Love, And Fair Trade,
Annie

No comments: